The November edition of Wherever the Deals Takes Us has me jetting off San Francisco, renting a car, and driving down to the Monterey Bay Area.
At the beginning of October when I was conceptualizing the blog I stumbled upon a deal that Delta was offering for round trip flights from Seattle to San Francisco for $112. In order to fit my schedule of one day trips I had to take a slightly more expensive routing of flying out to San Francisco on Delta Airline’s Boeing 717-200 in Basic Economy and back on United’s Airbus-319 in Basic Economy. I am sure you are wondering why I chose to take the 2 hour drive to Monterey rather than spend the weekend in San Francisco. Well I am already planning on being in San Francisco in August of 2019 and will likely do a trip report on San Francisco at that point.
Monterey is an incredibly beautiful beach city which has so much to do on a limited budget, but also has an amazing aquarium if you are willing to splurge a little:
The Monterey Trip
- Lounge: The Club at SEA (Terminal A) Update
- Flight: Delta Airlines Basic Economy SEA to SFO
- Rental Car: Hertz — Nissan Versa Note
- Priority Pass Restaurant: San Francisco Giants Clubhouse at SFO
- Flight: United Airlines Basic Economy SFO to SEA
- Flight: 117.40
- Hotel: $0 (8,000 choice rewards points)
- Car: $35.91
- Entertainment: $10.50
- Food: $45
- Gas: $30
- GRAND TOTAL: $238.81