Several airlines are offering some pretty good flight deals for travel to London with some Summer Availability. While flights have been extremely cheap to Europe, it is still hard to find good prices for the summer months. Flights are on various airlines depending on your departure location and are in the Mid 300s to Mid 400s, but could include American, British, Delta, Finnair, Iberia, United, and Virgin Atlantic. Travel Dates include February through May and August through mid-December.
- Departure Locations: Boston, Chicago, Denver, Fort Luaderdale, Las Vegas, Miami, New York City, Newark, Oakland, Orlando, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, and Tampa
- Destination: London Heathrow (LHR) or London Gatwick (LGW)
- Airline: American, British, Delta, Finnair, Iberia, United, Virgin Atlantic
- Travel Class: Basic Economy
- Travel Dates: Feb-May; August-December
- Minimum Trip Duration: One Week
If England is not your cup of tea (hehe see what I did there), the hard part of traveling to Europe cheaply is getting there. Once you are in Europe intra Europe flights can be extremely cheap as they have many low cost carriers. For example in May you can fly from London to Athens for $53 R/T on Wizz Air.
However, if you utilize the low-cost carriers be aware of their baggage fees (which can be extreme) and the departing airport. London has 5 airports and the low-cost carriers tend to utilize the more remote airports.
How to Book
- First go to, google.com/flights and fill in the applicable departure and arrival location. Once filled in click on the departure date and Google Flights will automatically fill with prices based on the length of trip selected on the bottom left of the dates window. Select the cheapest date for your flights.
- Search Skyscanner.com and/or momondo to ensure that you have the cheapest flights.
- Book utilizing the cheapest method and enjoy!